- Our company was established in 1921. The same year the import company
“Alfred Hagelien AS”, established in 1905, was acquired.
- Trygve Tønjum Import AS is an independent importer of a full range of fruit, vegetables and berries to the Norwegian market.
- Our main clients are the distribution centers of leading supermarket chains all over Norway.
- As from late 2012 Trygve Tønjum Import AS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tønjum Invest AS situated in city of Bergen.
- In 1976 Trygve Tønjum Import AS was the first importer to start regular arrivals by road, direct to major Norwegian cities outside Oslo.
- Our company established the first integrated IT system for transportation and duty clearance of fruit and vegetables in 1986.
- For 12 years we handled all imports of European fruit and vegetables for BAMA.
- For 25 years we have actively participated in growing vegetables with our Spanish and Dutch partners serving leading European supermarket chains.Consequently we are very familiar with the increasing demands and food safety aspects of the retail business.